db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Derby Client Driver and LOBs
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:17:45 GMT
Dominique Pfister wrote:
> I looked at the relevant parts of the derby client driver (version
> 10.1.3.1) and quickly coded a  solution for large objects exceeding
> 1MB, using temporary files that are deleted as soon as the blob is no
> longer referenced. If there is interest, I could further refine my
> solution and submit a patch.

That would be great! We're always looking for more contributors!

I think that this issue may already be logged in JIRA as:

If you agree, you could assign yourself to the item and prepare your
patch proposal as time permits.

If possible, I think it would be preferable to work against a more
recent version of the code, as 10.1.3.1 is somewhat out of date now.

thanks,

bryan