db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Questions about committing doc patches
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 23:34:09 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On 12/4/06, Jean T. Anderson <jta@bristowhill.com> wrote:
>
>> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>> > One more comment - if it's been covered already or too obvious, sorry
>> > - but if you're ready to do svn commit, ensure that when you do svn
>> > info, you see you have checked out https://.... (and not http://...)
>>
>> the example shows https, but doesn't explain it is required for
>> committing changes. I'll add a note.
>>
>> > and that you've got an environment variable $SVN_EDITOR set to some
>> > editor accessible on your PATH. (to vi, for example).
>>
>> good point. On a Windows machine what would you typically set
>> SVN_EDITOR to?
>>
>>  -jean
>>

> I have a shell environment on Windows, so I use vi...But I just
> experimented and notepad works as well.

And I noticed the instructions at
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07.html also show how to set
notepad using the subversion editor-cmd property (if not set, then it'll
look for SVN_EDITOR). So I just committed a change that references that
web site page.

Thanks for all the feedback, Myrna, Laura, Andrew, and Yip. I committed
a change to the web site that doesn't get quite as verbose as these nice
emails, but does include lots of doc pointers. That change should be
visible within an hour or so.

 -jean