db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Myrna van Lunteren (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DERBY-2143) Updated localized messages for Derby 10.2
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 06:58:23 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2143?page=all ]

Myrna van Lunteren updated DERBY-2143:
--------------------------------------

    Attachment: DERBY_2143_2110_102.diff2
                DERBY_2143_2110_trunk.diff2

Thx for the review.
All this is pretty nit-picky anyway.
I had spotted 2 db2j references, is that what you refer to? Those are logged with DERBY-2156.

I diffed the diffs from 10.2 and trunk and found some anomalies:
- Japanese had not had the messages removed in trunk and message 01J12 had somehow gotten
attached to 01J11.
- russian toolsmessages (DBLOOK reformatting) was missing from 10.2

So I redid the patches. I think it's pretty close now. I'll wait a bit, look at it again,
then commit.

And yes, for many languages I removed some whitespace at the end of 40XD1. The whitespace
was causing trouble when the string got inserted into message XBCXU and XBCXV - there would
be a period, then some spaces, then another period. As I removed the periods from XBCXU &
V I guess I could have left the trailing white space in, but it seemed to serve no purpose.
This was part of DERBY-2110 and most translators had faithfully copied the trailing whitespaces.
I thought it clearer to remove it.

In case it wasn't clear from my previous message, the trunk message files do not have the
following error messages because they're not in messages.xml:
XJ089; XJ092, 01J03; 01J09, 01J11. A number of files already had 01J03 removed in an earlier
effort. And message XJ125 had been changed to refer to TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE only. Some
of this was due to revision 442958; I assumed it just had not made it back to 10.2, so there
was some minor divergence.

Note that now, also, the trunk patch no longer includes sysinfoMessages because I accidentally
already committed it, but it was a correct and necessary change (to prevent the message showing
things like "lenvironment" instead of "l'environnement").

> Updated localized messages for Derby 10.2
> -----------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-2143
>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2143
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: Localization
>    Affects Versions: 10.2.2.0
>            Reporter: Andrew McIntyre
>         Assigned To: Andrew McIntyre
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 10.2.2.0, 10.3.0.0
>
>         Attachments: derby-2143-refGuide-v01.diff, derby-2143-v1.diff, derby-2143-v2.diff,
DERBY2143_misc.diff, DERBY_2143_2110_102.diff, DERBY_2143_2110_102.diff2, DERBY_2143_2110_trunk.diff,
DERBY_2143_2110_trunk.diff2, DERBY_2143_2110_trunk.stat, DERBY_2143_doc.diff, DERBY_243_miscdoc.zip,
rrefsqlj75638.html
>
>
> Update the localized messages that were added during the 10.2 development cycle. Add
new localizations for Czech, Hungarian, Polish, and Russian.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message