db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: ArrayInputStream and performance
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:33:15 GMT
Mike Matrigali <mikem_app@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> It would be fine to use an unchecked and/or an ASSERT based check for
>  readFieldLengthAndSetStreamPosition.  The "store" module owns this
> access and is not counting on limit checks to catch anything here.

So an unchecked setPosition would be OK here?

What about StoredPage.restoreRecordFromSlot(...)?

As far as I can tell, it is reading from an ArrayInputStream that is a
protected member of StoredPage. The argument to setPosition in this
case is the local variable offset_to_row_data, that gets computed (and
checked extensively with ASSERTs) in the beginning of the method.

--
dt