db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: ArrayInputStream and performance
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:43:37 GMT
Mike Matrigali <mikem_app@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> A discussion on the list would be great.  Can anyone post a complete
> test run with exact description of test,

The source code for the test client can be found at

> and flat and hierarchical
> results performance monitor reports.

The top of some flat profiles can be found at the bottom of the Wiki
page. I can provide hierarchical dumps also but such dumps from my
profiler tends to get rather large (12-15 MB text), and it isn't
straight-forward to identify the relevant parts.

>It is interesting if info has
> both number of calls and time.

The profiler I have been using can unfortunately not give you the call
count. The call count on the Wiki has been obtained using dTrace, I
think.

[snip]

>   The
>     description on the wiki doesn't say much about the environment
>     the test was run under (ie. # processors, speed processors,
> write-sync state of disks, how many disks, was log/data on same disk?)

Thanks for the feedback. I've updated the Wiki with this info.

--
dt