db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Adding a new test
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 13:13:51 GMT
Julius Stroffek <Julius.Stroffek@Sun.COM> writes:

> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>> Hi Julo,
>>
>> It is perfectly OK to add a new test case to the derbynet/testProtocol
>> test. That test is actually an assertion based test which should be
>> fairly easy to convert into JUnit later, and I don't think adding a
>> new test case to it will slow down the transition to JUnit.
>>
> Hi Knut,
>
> I can't do this. Because the test will create two JDBC connections to
> the same server
> to different databases and executes some queries on both. It will not
> test the DRDA
> on such a lower level like derbynet/testProtocol does.
>
> I'm thinking of creating a new package for junit tests -
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.extra.
> The test also should not be a part of jdbcapi testing because it has nothing
> common with jdbcapi interface itself except it uses it.
>
> I have already created this test as a junit test and there is only a
> question where
> to place this test.

OK, I see. Since this is a network server test, I think it is better
to place it in derbynet than to create a new package. To make it run
as part of the JUnit All suite, you will need to create a _Suite class
under derbynet (look at the _Suite classes in lang or jdbcapi for
examples), and wire it into functionTests/suites/AllPackages.java.

--
Knut Anders