db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: comment re changing #parameters in messages & translated files...
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 23:39:29 GMT
On 11/27/06, Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/27/06, Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I want to make a comment re changing the number of parameters in a
> > message. I think, if a change is needed & put into the english file,
> > the message should be removed from the translated files (unless the
> > contributor/committer can do the translation also). I think it's
> > better to have the message default to English, then to come up with
> > non-sensible parameter contents (or worse, I haven't tested it, but I
> > imagine the result could be ugly if there is a mismatch).
> >
> > I couldn't find an obvious place to add this hint, can someone suggest
> > a place on the wiki?
>
> Maybe it would be best to put this directly into messages.xml, since
> that is where the modification in question would be occurring?
>
> andrew

I was about to make that change when I noticed in the .xml file a
reference to this page:
http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/messages.html

That's probably a better location.
But I apparently lost my Forrest installation (probably when my disk crashed).
Are there plans to move this page to a Wiki, or could someone make
this minor change for me?

Thx,
Myrna