db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject comment re changing #parameters in messages & translated files...
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:46:59 GMT
Hi,

I want to make a comment re changing the number of parameters in a
message. I think, if a change is needed & put into the english file,
the message should be removed from the translated files (unless the
contributor/committer can do the translation also). I think it's
better to have the message default to English, then to come up with
non-sensible parameter contents (or worse, I haven't tested it, but I
imagine the result could be ugly if there is a mismatch).

I couldn't find an obvious place to add this hint, can someone suggest
a place on the wiki?

Thx,
Myrna