db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: translation checker...
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 20:50:41 GMT
> Rajesh Kartha wrote:
>
> > About the location,  I suppose  this utility needs to be run only when
> > the locales files are updated or to find messages that are not
> > translated (?).
> > In that case, I would think it can reside under the
> > trunk/java/derbyTesting/locale/utils (?) directory with the appropriate
> > package name.  We
> > would also need a Readme/HowTo that mentions what the utility does and
> > how to use it etc.
>
> Seems like this is a build time tool and should be under
> org.apache.derbyBuild. How long does this take to run? Could it just be
> part of the standard build?
>
> Dan.

Hi Dan,

The tool runs for less than a minute per language, a minute or two for all...
Timestamps could be added, but I didn't find it important enough, so I
haven't (yet)...

I didn't anticipate this being part of the build, rather, an ad-hoc
testing tool that a possibly translator or committer of translated
messages could choose to run.
Although I see value in an ant target for it, I think making it part
of the standard build might not be right...The tool spits out warnings
about possible mismatches, but some of the translations may still be
ok.

Myrna