db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New way of adding internationalized messages. This affects the Derby Reference Guide.
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 18:12:49 GMT
> Hi Laura,
>
> Right now, the friendly names are exactly the ones which you created
> when you overhauled rrefexcept71493.dita recently. Those argument names
> have been copied to messages.xml. When adding a new message, one should
> just look for examples in messages.xml. Here are some of the friendly
> argument names in messages.xml which you added and which I faithfully
> reproduced. I culled these names by searching that file for the first
> several occurrences of the <arg> tag:
>
> authorizationID
> constraintName
> tableName
> viewName
> triggerName
> columnName
> indexName
> valueName
> objectName
> databaseName
>
> Do you think that we should document these somewhere? For instance, is
> there some style advice which you would like me to add to the
> introductory comments in messages.xml?
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

Hmmm, right now I am creating new content for the Documentation tab of
the Derby Web pages.  I think it might be good to add new sub-page
about messages.  I currently don't have access to the messages.xml
file. Are there already some intro comments in that file?  If yes,
then perhaps we can use that and point people to the Web page...
ensuring the content is the same in both places.  If there isn't then
we can add some info to the Web page and whenever this comes up on the
list we can point people to that page.

What do you think?

--
Laura Stewart