db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suraj Batuwana <sbatuw...@virtusa.com>
Subject Re: Can't the embedded mode of a Derby database boot from a dual JVMs
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 04:12:20 GMT

Hi Suresh,
I was able to extract the issue from my application. Only thing you need to
do is run the sql file(createDB.sql) with the attachement and try to run the
following select statement
Select * from vwDerbyBasePackage_derbygen_DerbyRepositoryObject67ceb178

I have also attached some batch files which can help to run the sql and
select statement, which u can save some time :)
1. Extract the given zip file to hard drive.
2. Edit 2 java class dbPath values and give a valid location in your hard
drive.
3. Start cloudscape
4. Compile the attached java classes
5. Run CreateDatabase.bat
6. Run TestIssue.bat

Please let me know if you can recreate and identify the issue.

Regards,
Suraj

Suresh Thalamati wrote:

> Hi Suraj,
>
> In my last e-mail , i mentioned ; error may be due to file descriptot
> leaks.  Did you get chance to find if that is the case ?
>
> I assume you are running on Windows , long time ago I used filemon to
> track some leak. But it is very tedious work, filemon program
> can help you track files opened by a process.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/processesandthreads/processmonitor.mspx
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/filemon.mspx
> --
>
> If you can provide stand alone reproduction with Derby, then it will
> be possible to debug. Otherwise I am just shooting theories in dark,
> I know it is hard.
>
> Are you seeing this error if you use derby in plain embedded mode not
> as networdk server embedded ?
>
> One another thing I would double check is if the security policy files
> have right permissions for derby ? if you are running with security
> manager enabled.
>

> Thanks
> -suresh
>
> Suraj Batuwana wrote:
>> Also in client side i am getting the folloing error
>>
>> Error when executing
>> query:com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException:
>> Meta-data for Container
>> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@1eafc73d could not be
>> accessed
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Error when executing
>> query:com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException: Meta-data for
>> Container org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@1eafc73d
>> could
>> not be accessed
>>

>> Suraj Batuwana wrote:
>>
>>>Hi ,
>>>Thanx for the answer. I have used the Embbeded network server as you have
>>>told. But now when i am running junit test cases
>>>in the nightly build i am getting folloing client side errors in my test
>>>classes
>>>
>>>Error when executing
>>>query:com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException: Meta-data for
>>>Container org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@32d20639
could
>>>not be accessed
>>>junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Error when executing
>>>query:com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException: Meta-data for
>>>Container org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@32d20639
could
>>>not be accessed
>>>
>>>also I have attached the derby.log for your reference.
>>>Note: I have used IBM JDK 1.4.2 and cloudscape 10.2.1.6 with Websphere
>>>6.0.2.5
>>>
>>>Also in my seg0(E:\Cloud_Branch\TestDB\seg0\) folder there were 3854 dat
>>>files were there.
>>>
>>>why does it says as
>>>	RAFContainer@32d20639 could not be accessed ?
>>>
>>>-Suraj