db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suraj Batuwana <sbatuw...@virtusa.com>
Subject Re: Can't the embedded mode of a Derby database boot from a dual JVMs
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:10:12 GMT

Hi ,
Thanx for the answer. I have used the Embbeded network server as you have
told. But now when i am running junit test cases
in the nightly build i am getting folloing client side errors in my test
classes

Error when executing query:com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException:
Meta-data for Container
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@32d20639 could not be
accessed
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Error when executing
query:com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException: Meta-data for
Container org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@32d20639 could
not be accessed

also I have attached the derby.log for your reference.
Note: I have used IBM JDK 1.4.2 and cloudscape 10.2.1.6 with Websphere
6.0.2.5

Also in my seg0(E:\Cloud_Branch\TestDB\seg0\) folder there were 3854 dat
files were there.

why does it says as
	RAFContainer@32d20639 could not be accessed ?

-Suraj

Suraj Batuwana wrote:

> I am not sure I got what you tring to say.
>
> What is  embedded network server ?
>         When I am creating the datasource in Websphere I have used the
>
>          implementing class as
> "org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedConnectionPoolDataSource"
>          implementing class for XA as
> "org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedXADataSource"
>          dataSource helper class as
> "com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.DerbyDataStoreHelper"
>
>          and add derby.jar,derbynet.jar and derbytools.jar to the class
> path.
>

>  "client application could use the client driver"
>         Is this means to use the org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver ?, but
> it is a Derby Network Client driver. At the moment
> I am using org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver as my client driver.
>
> -Suraj
>

> Daniel John Debrunner-2 wrote:
>>
>> Suraj Batuwana wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> 	I am a derby user but for my application I need some improved version
>>> of
>>> Derby.
>>> 	So I thought of writing to this group.
>>>
>>> 	For my application I need to access a single Derby database(using
>>> Embedded
>>> mode) from
>>> 		1. Data source( In a Websphere 6.0.2.5)
>>> 		2. Client application
>>>
>>> 	But when try to access the database it will throw exceptions like
>>> "Caused
>>> by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database
>>> 'E:\source\database\TestDB'" from a one of the place.
>>>
>>> 	I know this happens because Embedded, a Derby database can be booted
>>> only
>>> from a single JVM, In my case ,	it is trying to boot from 2 JVMs(client

http://www.nabble.com/file/4136/derby.log derby.log