db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suraj Batuwana <sbatuw...@virtusa.com>
Subject Re: Can't the embedded mode of a Derby database boot from a dual JVMs
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 05:26:28 GMT

I am not sure I got what you tring to say.

What is  embedded network server ?
	When I am creating the datasource in Websphere I have used the

	 implementing class as
"org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedConnectionPoolDataSource"
	 implementing class for XA as
"org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedXADataSource"
	 dataSource helper class as
"com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.DerbyDataStoreHelper"

	 and add derby.jar,derbynet.jar and derbytools.jar to the class path.

 "client application could use the client driver"
	Is this means to use the org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver ?, but it is a
Derby Network Client driver. At the moment
I am using org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver as my client driver.

-Suraj