db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suraj Batuwana <sbatuw...@virtusa.com>
Subject Can't the embedded mode of a Derby database boot from a dual JVMs
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 03:44:02 GMT

Hi All,
	I am a derby user but for my application I need some improved version of
Derby.
	So I thought of writing to this group.

	For my application I need to access a single Derby database(using Embedded
mode) from
		1. Data source( In a Websphere 6.0.2.5)
		2. Client application

	But when try to access the database it will throw exceptions like "Caused
by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database
'E:\source\database\TestDB'" from a one of the place.

	I know this happens because Embedded, a Derby database can be booted only
from a single JVM, In my case ,	it is trying to boot from 2 JVMs(client JVM
and server JVM), but when I used the Network mode there is no such an
issue.Is there a way future Derby (Embedded mode) version can handle the
above issue or It will remain as it is ?

Please, this is very important for the progress of my application.

If it is remain as it is could you please let me know the technical barriers
you are facing for this.

-Suraj