db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn:ignore property with multiple values?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 02:23:11 GMT
On 11/27/06, David Van Couvering <david@vancouvering.com> wrote:
> I scoured Google and the SVN docs, and nothing seems to indicate, that I
> can find, how to list multiple items for the svn:ignore property.
>
> Specifically, I want to ignore both the lib and dist directories in the
> java/demo/localcal directory, as well as src/org/*.  How do I do this?

When you want to ignore a directory, put the name of the directory you
want to ignore in the svn:ignore property for the directory which
contains the one you want to ignore. Everything underneath is
automatically ignored. Presumably what you want to ignore in src/org
is json, so you should:

cd java/demo/localcal
svn ps svn:ignore .

here, put:

lib
dist

cd src/org
svn ps svn:ignore .

here, put:

json

That should do it. As an example, do 'svn pg svn:ignore .' at the
top-level of your trunk checkout to see how the classes directory is
ignored.

andrew