db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: CompatibilityTest issue
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 02:41:15 GMT
On 11/11/06, Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@sun.com> wrote:

> I think it's best if we can keep the test running, so I'd go for the
> policy alteration until the test can be rewritten. Or to put it
> differently, I think compatibility testing is more important than
> testing that no part of the code reads junit.properties. :)

Filed DERBY-2076 for fixing the test and checked in the policy file
fix with revision 474593.

I'm still confused by why the policy file change was needed, since I
can see from RunTest's output that the value for derbyTesting.junit
that is getting passed to the forked VM appears to be valid. If I have
some time I'll investigate it further.

andrew