db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "DerbySnapshotOrRelease" by RichardHillegas
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 05:46:14 GMT
On 10/25/06, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by RichardHillegas:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease
>
> +
> +  1. Address items on the ReleaseVettingChecklist
> +
> +   Make sure that the community addresses the items on the ReleaseVettingChecklist.

Just a quick note about this. I don't think that all of the things on
the checklist are required for a release. They're certainly all a good
idea, but I don't think that the items listed on
ReleaseVettingChecklist page should be viewed as hard-and-fast
requirements to get a release out the door. Particularly, for
maintenance releases on a branch, I think we should be aiming for a
more lightweight process that involves less work, and not making a
checklist that involves work the RM may not actually have any
knowledge of, like running the long running tests or large data volume
tests.

Also, there's an incorrect bit of info on the ReleaseVettingChecklist
page. JUnit has an Apache-comptaible license, the CPL, listed as a
class B license on Cliff's legal page:

http://people.apache.org/~cliffs/3party.html

andrew