db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kasper Nielsen <n...@kav.dk>
Subject Re: Blog response to Oracle white paper
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:09:56 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:
> Thanks for the correction, Kasper.  Can you explain how it supports
> queries?

The query support isn't quite on level with what SQL can offer, however,
you can do joins such as:
EntityJoin j = new EntityJoin(myPrimaryIndex);
j.addCondition(sex, "make");
j.addCondition(age, 23);

you can also do joins on multiple secondary indexes. There is also
support for ranged queries.

Cheers
   Kasper