db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hi..plzz read this..!!!
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:26:36 GMT
Ravinder Reddy wrote:

>     hello all,
>         I am Ravinder Reddy studying B.tech 3rd year in IIIT,Hyderabad-
> India.As my B.Tech project I am planning to implement 'speculative
> locking protocol' to Derby.For this I need some help from developers
> like you in  understanding  the architecture of derby and
> achieving the project goal.plzz suggest me where can I start to
> understand the code and how can I get maximum benefit.
>         I know this is very complex/large work to do.We are a group of 2
> people and we have (nearly) 9 months time and we are very much
> interested in database Systems and Java.
>         Considering all the factors plzz guide us to do the project
> effectively.

Welcome to the community, the wiki contains information for getting
started in Derby development.

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyDev

There are links that lead you to write ups of various sub-systems,
presentations that cover the internals, etc. The code itself is a good
source of information, the original plan when the project started was to
keep as much information in javadoc comments as possible. Here's the
link to the complete javadoc for the engine.

http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/

which itself is a link from this page of papers.

http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/index.html

Hope this helps,
Dan.