db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: cross posting white paper pointer - "Oracle Berkeley DB Java Edition vs Apache Derby: A Performance Comparison"
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:47:35 GMT
Just some observations from reading the paper:

o only one comparison is done with real durability?  We usually just up
# of users or operations per transaction to show increased throughput
while not being I/O bound.

o great marketing on that first durability graph, I looked at it and
couldn't understand why we were half the speed then saw that we were
83 vs. 89 inserts/sec.

o I believe the insert numbers should be better for derby in 10.2.

o I wonder if our use of file sync during consistency points is hurting
us in the other write-sync tests?