db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing platform-specific line-endings to disk...
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:36:45 GMT
Army wrote:
> I made the following addition to the end of the "serializeToString()"
> method in SqlXmlUtil.java and was able to get consistent results (i.e.
> exactly the same characters) across platforms:
>
> +        String eol = PropertyUtil.getSystemProperty("line.separator");
> +        if (eol != null)
> +            return sWriter.toString().replaceAll(eol, "\n");
>          return sWriter.toString();

I decided that for now I am just going to update the XML binding test to account
for Xalan's treatement of line-endings, as suggested by Bryan.  I filed
DERBY-2106 for further tracking of potential changes within Derby to address this.

If anyone still has comments/suggestions/complaints, I'm still all ears.  Feel
free to reply to this thread or else just comment on DERBY-2106...

Army