db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JUnit and Derby 10.2; plans for merging?
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:15:44 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>
>> I feel apprehesive about backporting all changes to junit framework in
>> trunk back to 10.2.
>> 1. 10.2 is stable...which should mean changes get applied more
>> selectively.
>> 2. The changes in the trunk have been made with happy disregard of jcc
>> and jdk spec 1.3.1 based jvms.
>
> The points about trunk testing not being concerned with jcc and jdk 1.3
> are very good. My itch is to get the tests running in Junit for the
> trunk and future releases, while leaving the old harness in-place for
> 10.2 and older releases. At some point there has to be a disconnect,
> seems like now was a good a time as any.

Seems like there is a consensus on not porting everything back.

The scripts I use for running tests tries to run suites.All by default.
With only 4 failing tests out of 1756, would people oppose against
committing DERBY-2101 and then fixing/disabling the 4 failing tests?

Unless I get pushback, I will commit the simple patch. It does not
really change much, it only makes it a little easier to run suites.All
for 10.2. I ran suites.All in 10.2 with 4 failures, and derbyall ran
without any errors with the patch applied.

--
Kristian