db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JUnit and Derby 10.2; plans for merging?
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:19:20 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> I feel apprehesive about backporting all changes to junit framework in
> trunk back to 10.2.
> 1. 10.2 is stable...which should mean changes get applied more selectively.
> 2. The changes in the trunk have been made with happy disregard of jcc
> and jdk spec 1.3.1 based jvms.

The points about trunk testing not being concerned with jcc and jdk 1.3
are very good. My itch is to get the tests running in Junit for the
trunk and future releases, while leaving the old harness in-place for
10.2 and older releases. At some point there has to be a disconnect,
seems like now was a good a time as any.

Dan.