db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JUnit and Derby 10.2; plans for merging?
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:03:52 GMT
Kristian Waagan wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> Hi Kristian,
>>
>> I agree that we should stabilize the 10.2 tests soon since we're
>> planning a 10.2.2 release in early December. If we don't merge the
>> JUnit infrastructure into 10.2, then porting a bug fix to the 10.2
>> branch may involve re-writing the test case which verifies the fix.
>
> Rick,
>
> I see your point, but had the impression this was not going to be done.
> Maybe I have missed a lot of commits, but I thought most of the JUnit
> work on trunk has not been merged to 10.2. Am I wrong?

I thought the tests in 10.2 were stable. 10.2 uses derbyall only and not
the Junit top-level suites. I didn't even know the top-level JUnit
suites were in 10.2. They were merged up from a point in time when they
were known not to be working.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/branches/10.2/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/suites/All.java?view=log&pathrev=476832

Dan.