db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Julius.Stroffek" <Julius.Strof...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: openConnection dissapeared from BaseJDBCTestCase.java
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:40:46 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Julius.Stroffek wrote:
>
>> I have created a patch for DERBY-1434 where the test does not clean
>> the databases. Would it be alright to add the patch to trunk and
>> resolve database cleaning issue as a part of DERBY-2087?
>
> I think that's fine.
>
> I looked at the issue but it wasn't obvious to me what your change was
> doing, I didn't see any description in the Jira comments. But then I
> don't know that code area.
>
> Dan.

The relevant change is only that I removed static modifier from fields
noHoldPKGNAMCBytes and holdPKGNAMCBytes of the
org.apache.derby.client.am.SectionManager class. The reasons for doing
this are discussed in comments of DERBY-1434. This change itself should
not affect behavior of derby because the database name in PKGNAMCSN is
only used for hashing. It makes the server traces only more readable.

All other changes deal with tests only (discussed in
http://www.nabble.com/DERBY-1434---Client-can-send-incorrect-database-name-to-server-after-having-made-multiple-connections-to-different-databases.-tf2389323.html#a6705919).

I added a test to parsePKGNAMCSN function that the database specified in
RDBNAM of PKGNAMCSN was specified correctly (used only when the client
version is >= 10.3.0, because the clients lower than this will send
wrong RDBNAM).

I added two tests:

1.) A check that the error of wrong RDBNAM of PKGNAMCSN is handled
correctly. This was added to "protocol.tests" file.
2.) A check that two connections to different databases on the same
derby instance are handled correctly. The derbynet/DRDAProtocolTest.java.

Then I have to change the RDBNAM codepoint of PKGNAMCSN term in most
places in "protocol.tests" because it was not specified correctly. I
changed it from 'test' to 'wombat'. This caused the patch to grow in size.

Thank you for reviewing a change.

Julo