db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues that are fixed in trunk and needs to be reviewed for porting to 10.2 branch
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 06:59:17 GMT
Hello,

I am yet to find a simple way in JIRA to review the list of  issues
which are fixed in trunk and could be ported to
branches.

Anyways, I wrote a simple utility to dump all the DERBY related JIRA
data into a database and enable me to
run SQL queries.
(If the community thinks such a utility might be useful for Derby, I am
more than happy to contribute that).

Based on that, please find attached the current list of JIRA issues that
are candidates for porting to the
10.2 branch. My query was:

"select jira_issue, component,fixversions, title from jira_issues where
Resolution='Fixed' and affectedversions!='10.3.0.0'
and fixversions='10.3.0.0' and type='Bug' and component not in
('Test','Regression Test Failure') order by component;"

I have excluded the Test component. My initial review of the full list
shows that the following issues needs to be
considered for porting to the 10.2 branch:

DERBY-1732     |Store         |10.3.0.0          |[DERBY-1732] The
language and store systems treat a JVM error such
                                                                     as
OutOfMemoryError differently leading to the raw store pro&
DERBY-1304     |SQL         |10.3.0.0          |[DERBY-1304] DROP view
does not always completely remove
view
DERBY-1589     |SQL         |10.3.0.0          |[DERBY-1589] CREATE
TABLE throws NullPointerException in

Derby SQL Standard Authorization after DROPs and REVOKES
DERBY-1716     |SQL         |10.3.0.0         |[DERBY-1716] Revoking
select privilege from a user times out when
                                                                    that
user still have a cursor open.
DERBY-2008     |SQL         |10.3.0.0         |[DERBY-2008]
NullPointerException with LTRIM, RTRIM
                                                                   and
2-argument SUBSTR() call in GROUP BY clause.
DERBY-2014     |SQL         |10.3.0.0        |[DERBY-2014]
NullPointerException with NULLIF in
                                                                  GROUP
BY clause

Other possible candidates  are: DERBY-1811, DERBY-1693. I have not
included any Documentation issues in this yet.

Any thoughts/comments please do send a mail to the  list.

Also, once we have an agreement on the list of portable issues can the
committers look into doing the needful
merges to the branch

Regards,
Rajesh