db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject JUnit and Derby 10.2; plans for merging?
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:31:46 GMT
Hi,

When running suites.All in the 10.2 branch, a lot of tests fails and
eventually the run is aborted if no derby.system.home is specified:
Tests run: 95,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 137

This annoys me, and the patch to fix the problem(s) is simple (I
attached a suggested patch). The work-around is also simple, but if no
objections are raised, I'd like to get the patch committed.

I assume there are no plans to merge all the work done on JUnit
infrastructure and the tests themselves to 10.2. The patch only includes
changes already made in trunk, but merging the original patches touches
a lot more files and might case trouble due to functional/interface changes.
The suggested patch also fixes another trivial bug, where a missing file
separator causes a security exception (no matching entry in the policy
file).

I still see some errors when suites.All is run to completion, and I'd
also like to clean these up:
Tests run: 1756,  Failures: 3,  Errors: 1

(testGrantRevokeWithoutSQLAuthProperty
  testCurrentTime
  testInertTime
  grantRevokeAfterSettingSQLAuthProperty)

If these tests cannot be easily fixed, I suggest we disable them for 10.2.

--
Kristian