db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: new release policy requires changes on Derby site
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 22:51:11 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:
> The new release policy is still undergoing significant churn on the
> infrastructure alias.
>
> The most recent relevant post indicates that it's ok to link our
> *developer* web pages to nightly builds on the //www/
> people.apache.org/builds/db/derby site.

It'll be interesting to see how all this settles out. I'd encourage any
committer to subscribe to infrastructure@apache.org and follow the
discussions. ezmlm lets you retrieve indexes of previous posts as well
as the posts themselves. Usually sending email to
listname-help@{tlp.}apache.org will return email with the commands to
run; for example, derby-dev-help@db.apache.org.

Currently the derby downloads page at
http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html includes information for
users (official releases available for download) and for developers (how
to check out and build the derby source code). It might be good to split
this page up into two: one for users and one for developers. This would
make it easier to keep developer-only information in a place clearly
marked for developers.

-jean