db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing platform-specific line-endings to disk...
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 00:02:38 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> this sounds like it might be the same platform-difference problem
> Forrest runs into and that affects the Derby web site:
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_web.html#odd_diffs

Yep, that looks like the same problem.  Thank you for the reference!

> FOR-492 references a workaround, but I haven't looked at it, don't know
> if it could apply to Derby.

I admit I didn't search very deeply, but it looks like the workaround involves
some ant-specific processing about which I know nothing.  I could be wrong but
my feeling is that the Derby engine would need its own kind of workaround to
address the issue as it pertains to the SQL/XML operators.

Good information to have, though; thanks again for the pointers.  I feel better
having confirmation that this is a Xalan problem.  Now we just have to figure
out what, if anything, to do about it...

Army