db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Optimizer Timeout question
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:38:00 GMT
>> Shouldn't we be checking for timeout in the inner loop as well?
>
> Yes, I've often wondered about that, too, though I usually don't stop to
> give it much thought.  I'm glad you brought it up.

Thanks Army for the good suggestions and pointers. I'm working my way
through some particularly gnarly queries right now, trying to understand
how the optimizer is working in detail, and your wiki pages and email
messages have been extremely helpful.

I hope to have some concrete information to propose, but this is slow
work, so that's probably still some weeks out.

thanks,

bryan