db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: new release policy requires changes on Derby site
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:28:30 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>
>>The new ASF release policy
>>http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
>>
>>means that the Derby download page needs to remove two sections,
>>Nightly Builds and Snapshot Jars
>>
>>http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html
>
> also it looks like the snapshots themselves need to be moved: "Software
> should not be distributed from project websites."

I'm updating the web site links to comply with the "Do not include any
links on the project website that might encourage non-developers to
download and use nightly builds, snapshots, release candidates, or any
other similar package." guideline.

The snapshots need to be moved from the binaries directory of the web
site. They are all 10.1 and 10.2 -- are they needed? or can they just be
removed?

 -jean