db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Can't the embedded mode of a Derby database boot from a dual JVMs
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:31:43 GMT
Suraj Batuwana wrote:
> Also in client side i am getting the folloing error
>
> Error when executing query:com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException:
> Meta-data for Container
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@1eafc73d could not be
> accessed
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Error when executing
> query:com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException: Meta-data for
> Container org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@1eafc73d could
> not be accessed

I'm going out on a limb here because I know nothing about websphere, but
I wonder if that "container ... could not be accessed" error has
anything to do with file permissions on the data files that make up the
derby database?

Can you access that database using ij? If you're unfamiliar with ij, a
quick intro is at
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyTut/ij_intro.html  and example
using the client jdbc driver in ij is at
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyTut/ns_intro.html#ij_ns_client .

 -jean