db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Generated Docs - Working With Derby PDF
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:42:58 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:
> I am curious why the PDF version of Working With Derby is dated Oct
> 18, and the HTML Book version is dated Nov 3.  I was under the
> impression that all of the Alpha docs were generated at the same time
> and frequently (nightly? weekly?)
>
> Can you please explain this to me?

That one book has different file permissions (related to the recent
machine move) that probably prevented the file copy from succeeding:

[jta@minotaur /www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev]$ ls -l */*.pdf
... jean deleted output ....
-rwxrwxr-x  1 apbackup  db   228609 Nov  4 21:54 tools/derbytools.pdf
-rwxrwxr-x  1 apbackup  db   379248 Nov  4 21:59 tuning/tuningderby.pdf
-rwxr-xr-x  1 apbackup  db    61459 Oct 19 21:48
workingwithderby/WorkingWithDerby.pdf

In fact, there are lots of file permissions problems and some individual
html files are also not current. I'll get it fixed.

 -jean