db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject JUnit derbyTesting.xa.single meaning
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 18:10:04 GMT
I'm trying to understand the purpose of the property
derbyTesting.xa.single in TestConfiguration. Its name implies to me that
it's used to return a connection in an XA global transaction ("single
leg" and "XA"), but it just returns a connection from an XADataSource
which is in local transaction mode.

Seems to me returning an connection in a single leg of a global
transaction would be better managed through explicit test code rather
than the default connection object returned by
TestConfiguration.openDefaultConnection().

Dan.