db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Julius Stroffek <Julius.Strof...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Adding a new test
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 11:37:03 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Hi Julo,
>
> It is perfectly OK to add a new test case to the derbynet/testProtocol
> test. That test is actually an assertion based test which should be
> fairly easy to convert into JUnit later, and I don't think adding a
> new test case to it will slow down the transition to JUnit.

Hi Knut,

I can't do this. Because the test will create two JDBC connections to
the same server
to different databases and executes some queries on both. It will not
test the DRDA
on such a lower level like derbynet/testProtocol does.

I'm thinking of creating a new package for junit tests -
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.extra.
The test also should not be a part of jdbcapi testing because it has nothing
common with jdbcapi interface itself except it uses it.

I have already created this test as a junit test and there is only a
question where
to place this test.

Cheers

Julo