db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject New way of adding internationalized messages. This affects the Derby Reference Guide.
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 16:59:05 GMT
My last checkin (469975, DERBY-1868) changed the way that we add
internationalized messages to the Derby engine. There is now a file of
xml descriptors (java/engine/org/apache/derby/loc/messages.xml). This is
where we should add new engine messages. As part of adding a new
message, you will want to give friendly names to the message
arguments--these friendly names will appear in the SQLState tables in
the Derby Reference Guide.

Please do not edit java/engine/apache/derby/loc/messages.xml. This file
has been removed from code management and is now generated from
messages.xml during the Derby build.

Thanks,
-Rick