db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "A B (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DERBY-1758) Enable xmlSuite to run as part of derbyall for JVMs that embed the required external jars.
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:30:38 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1758?page=all ]

A B updated DERBY-1758:
-----------------------

    Attachment: d1758_newXBindTest_v1.patch

Attaching a patch, d1758_newXBindTest_v1.patch, that adds a new JUnit test to replace the
old lang/xmlBinding.java test.  The patch does the following:

  - Adds XML file insertion utility methods to junit/XML.java
  - Creates a new JUnit test called lang/XMLBindingTest.java that
    uses the new utility methods to test various binding scenarios
    with Derby's SQL/XML operators.
  - Overloads the TestConfiguration.defaultSuite() method with a boolean
    signature to allow optional addition of CleanDatabaseSetup, per
    Dan's previous comment.
  - Updates lang/XMLTypeAndOpsTest to use the new overloaded defaultSuite()
    method.

Note that I have not yet added XMLBindingTest to any suites because the test fails on Linux
machines with a similar diff to what was seen for the old lang/xmlBinding.java test.  I'm
still looking into that failure and hope to post an appropriate follow-up patch in the next
couple of days.

I also plan to post subsequent patches to remove the old lang/xmlBinding.java test and to
create a singe JUnit "suite" to run all of the XML tests.  Those patches will come after the
new XML binding JUnit test is working as expected on all platforms.

I ran suites.All against classes (vs jars) with ibm142 (textui) as a sanity check and all
tests passed.  When I tried to run the suite with jars I kept seeing a Java core dump in the
LangScripts.derived() test with ibm142. But that occurs even without my changes, so I'm not
sure what's going on there.  I also ran suites.All with Sun jdk142 (swingui): in that case
there was no core dump and the suite ran with one failure: an OutOfMemory error in BlobClob4Blob.testPositionAgressive().
 Again, I don't think my changes are the cause.

With the exception of the TestConfiguration changes the patch is fairly isolated and should
not affect suites.All (yet).  If anyone has a chance to review, I'd appreciate it. 

In the absence of feedback/suggestions, I'll probably commit the patch tomorrow (Friday)...

> Enable xmlSuite to run as part of derbyall for JVMs that embed the required external
jars.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-1758
>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1758
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Task
>          Components: Test
>    Affects Versions: 10.2.1.6, 10.3.0.0, 10.2.2.0
>            Reporter: A B
>         Assigned To: A B
>         Attachments: d1758_followup_v1.patch, d1758_newJUnitTests_v1.patch, d1758_newJUnitTests_v1.stat,
d1758_newJUnitTests_v2.patch, d1758_newXBindTest_v1.patch, d1758_remove_xgen_v1.patch, d1758_remove_xgen_v1.stat
>
>
> Due to the fact the XML support in Derby has external dependencies on Apache Xalan and
a JAXP parser (such as, but not limited to, Apache Xerces), the tests for XML, which are all
included in "xmlSuite", are not currently run as part of derbyall.
> Changes for DERBY-688 (and DERBY-567 indirectly) have now made it so that JVMs which
have Apache Xalan and a JAXP parser embedded in them can run the XML tests without requiring
additional jars, assuming that the embedded version of Xalan is at least the minimum version
required by Derby (which is currently 2.5).
> So given that, the xmlSuite should be enabled as part of derbyall for any JVMs that are
capable of running them.  Currently, this appears to mean only ibm142 and ibm15.
> Per comments in DERBY-688, enabling the XML suite could include the following tasks:
>   1. Enable the suite to run as part of derbyall but ONLY for JVMs that
>      embed the required Xalan/JAXP classes.
>   2. Resolve the following diff in lang/xmlBinding.java that occurs on
>      some platforms (ex. Linux):
>     < Inserted roughly 40k of data.
>     10 del
>     < Inserted roughly 40k of data.
>     10a9,10
>     > Inserted roughly 39k of data.
>     > Inserted roughly 37k of data.
>     21 del
>     < 1, [ roughly 40k ]
>     22 del
>     < 2, [ roughly 40k ]
>     22a21,22
>     > 1, [ roughly 39k ]
>     > 2, [ roughly 37k ]
>   3. Add new tests to verify Derby behavior when XML classes are
>     not present.
> Note that #3 may turn out to be its own Jira issue; the first two, however, should both
be addressed as part of this issue since the xmlSuite will not run (and pass) on all platforms
if either 1 or 2 is not addressed.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message