db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: sample announcement for 10.2.1.6
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:18:49 GMT

Hi Rick,

Looks good, just some quick notes:

                                              ****

>  o The ij sql interpreter now has command-line help
            *** capitalize SQL

>    just by typing java -jar derbyrun.jar toolName.
                                           <toolName> or just toolname?

                                           With camelCase it looks
                                           like it's verbatim; not
                                           a meta-variable.

>  o The network server now logs startup/shutdown messages to derby.log.

I balked a little at "derby.log.". If you want to the the file name
without any quoting, the final period is a bit troublesome. Maybe we could
abstract it to "system history file" or some such.

Thanks,

Dag