db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject testing gotcha: placement of DerbyTesting.jar in 10.2.1.6
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:56:43 GMT

Hi,

The distribution has a ../lib and a ../test directory. If I try to run
the tests by setting up my CLASSPATH to point to via these, many tests
fail (symptom: resource not found). If I move the ../test jars
(derbyTesting.jar + oro) over to ../lib, the tests run successfully.

Has anybody else noted this? A caveat would seem in order.
Is this a security manager issue or something else?

I did not find any mention of this anywhere. The ../test/README.htm is
geared towards sandbox testing.

Thanks,
Dag