db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Dudgeon <tdudg...@informaticsmatters.com>
Subject Re: Line end characters in the source distributions seem to be set to "DOS"
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 09:06:39 GMT
OK, building from source of the 1.2 branch and applying the patch as
suggested seems to work fine.
Thanks for the suggestion.

The critical thing for me now is to ensure that databases created with
this patched version can be upgraded when a new version of derby (e.g.
10.3) comes along.

I tried opening a database created with this patched version of 10.2
with a version built form trunk, and I get this error:

Unsupported upgrade from '10.2' to '10.3 beta'.

Is this a problems with the 10.2, or the 10.3 beta?
If its with 10.2 how do I make sure the database files can be upgraded?

Many thanks

Tim