db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject Harmony passes 97% tests of Derby and the patch.
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 06:19:42 GMT
Hi, all:
     I tested derby on harmony with IBM VME and here is the result:

     467 Tests Run
     97% Pass (454 tests passed)
     3% Fail (13 tests failed)
     5 Suites skipped

     Since the IBM VME we use is "J9" but with options like JDK1.5, so
I made some modifications, which mainly focus on:

   1. Add a j9_23 support class that is required for Harmony IBM VME. Aside
from the normal functions, it can identify the vm we uses.

   2.Modification in  RunTest,RunSuite and SysInfoLog, which prevents to
treat Harmony IBM VME as "j9" VM but like normal JDK1.5.

   3.Modification in dbManagerLimits_app.properties,wisconsin_app.properties
and triggerStream_app.properties to delete currently not acceptable VM
options.

   Will somebody willing to try the patch?:)

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM