db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject [test]How to run derby on Harmony?
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 07:40:09 GMT
Hi, all:
     We are now self-hosting derby on Harmony. But we encountered a problem:
     The vm we uses is a customized IBM J9 VM whose expected dehavior is the
same as standard VM while it name is still "J9".
     I have digged into the harness package and found that J9 VM is treated
differently. But Harmony VM will thus fails since its command is still java,
the options is the same as standard VM.
    Although I have commented out all the thing I found about "J9", but it
still fails with "0 passes 0 fails".
    But another VM drlvm, with the same classlib as we have, can start to
run.
    So I think is there a version of test tools that do not tread "J9"
differently thus we can use?:)
    Thank you.

--
Leo Li