db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error messages
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:03:32 GMT
On 10/13/06, Manjula G Kutty <manjula.kutty@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While browsing through the llist of error messages I found some of the
> like below. I don't know the scenario in which those error messages are
> thrown. Can any one give me some example?
>
> 28507=User ''{0}'' does not have {1} permission on table ''{2}''.''{3}''
> for grant.
> 2850B=User ''{0}'' does not have execute permission on {1}
> ''{2}''.''{3}'' for grant.
>

> Thanks
> Manjula

Hi Manjula,

As far as I can see, these can never be generated - they'd only show
up if a variable 'forGrant' would be passed with value 'true' into the
methods where these errors are thrown.
( org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.dictionary.StatementTablePermission:check(...) and
org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.dictionary.StatementRoutinePermission:check(...)
respectively)

However, everyplace the methods are called, the parameter is hardcoded
to 'false'.

I cannot tell if this is because something is still planned to be
implemented, or that this is something that was put in but was
restructured and failed to come out.

I noticed in passing also one method that never appears to get used...
interface org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.dictionary.getColumnPermissions(
UUID, String privTypeStr, boolean, String)
implemented by
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.

Should bugs be created to clean this up? Or is there still work
outstanding that would use it?

Myrna