db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing]Test fails
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:59:25 GMT
> Hi,
>    I have another problem.
>    I have ran all test using java
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite
> derbyall.
>    But some test fails and reports the derbyall_report.txt in my attachment.
>    Is it neccessary to set some options like:
>    java -Xbootclasspath/a:%jardir%\jdbc.jar
> -Dbootcp=%jardir%\jdbc.jar
> -Dij.dataSource=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource
> -Djvmflags="-Dij.dataSource=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource"
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite
> derbyall
>
>    Thank you.

Hi,

Those errors you see are because the test harness wasn't adjusted to a
reorganization in the location of the test libraries. If you put all
derby*.jar in one place, including the derbyTesting.jar, things will
work fine. There is an outstanding bug, see DERBY-1593.

The bootcp options are only needed for the special 'j9' jvm that comes
with certain IBM products - and the dataSource option is only for j2ME
/ Jcl foundation libraries. You would know it if that's what you are
using, because the executable is j9.exe rather than java.exe...

Myrna