db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Yip Ng" <yipng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Diagnosing DERBY-47 and DERBY-713 (queries with IN (?,?) filters)
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:55:08 GMT
On 10/1/06, James Synge <james.synge@gmail.com> wrote:

> <snip>
> but I don't understand the generated code, especially given that it's
> expressed
> as bytecode.  Can someone suggest a means of debugging the execution
> phase (or getting a human readable form of the code)?
> </snip>

One way is to dump the actual generated code into the file system.  You can
do this
using Java property -Dderby.debug.true=DumpClassFile.  e.g.:

java -Dderby.debug.true=DumpClassFile org.apache.derby.tools.ij

When you issued the query of interest, you should be able to see the
generated activation .class file.  With this, you can either read it using
javap or use a Java decompiler.  I personally like to read bytecode.  =)

Yip