db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Docs: Explain the types of DITA topics used in Derby documentation
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:40:57 GMT
We need to decide just how many DITA tags the Derby documentation
should use.  There are dozens of tags that writers will be very
familiar with, but do we really want to encumber an open source
community with using all of those tags.

I think that to encourage more people to write documentation in DITA
that we need to highlight the most important tags for them to become
familiar with.

Please take a look at the updated Derby Documentation web pages, specifically
http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/guidelines.html and the DITA Source pages.
The Writing Guidelines page is new.  I would like to list the most
essential tags people might want to know... the ones that we want to
encourage people to use consistently when updating existing topics.
The templates will show them the tags (mostly) that they need when
creating new topics, so I don't want to necessarily repeat all of
those tags.

I'm thinking that we highlight the "top ten" most commonly used tags.
What would be on your top ten list?

--
Laura Stewart