db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Discussion: What prevents you from updating derby documentation?
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:51:19 GMT
On 10/25/06, Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com> wrote:

> I find writing in DITA format to be awkward and slow, so when I
> have a lot of information I want to enter, I tend to prefer one of:
>  - adding information to the Wiki
>  - writing comments directly in the code
>  - writing HTML or Text documents and attaching them to Jira issues
>
> I haven't yet had a large docs project I wanted to do so I don't
> know what I would do when I reached that point.

Bryan - There are several people who work on Derby that know DITA
fairly well. I think that the most important thing is that the text is
written and added to the documentation... the DITA tagging is not as
important. Other people can review your text and recommend the proper
tagging.

However, I am in the process of preparing some information for the
Derby documentation Web pages that explains the most commonly used
tagging and will point you to templates that you can use for the
typical topic types - tasks, concepts, reference. These templates are
for NEW topics and have a lot of tagging (and embedded comments) built
into the templates. That should make writing new large information
much easier :-)

When that info is posted to the Web page, I would appreciate any
feedback that you have.

--
Laura Stewart