db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues with Forrest/Derby Web site (Was: Re: Proposal - Doc Process Improvements)
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:19:35 GMT
The instructions on the Derby site say to download forrest (which I
did) in the following path:

The next step says to use the forrest seed command.
Nothing happens, the system doesn't recognize this command.

So I went to the Forrest site.
Their instructions are somewhat different. They mention setting an
environment variable for FORREST_HOME. On Windows, is this a user
variable or a system variable?  I tried adding it (to both) and
rebooted, but when I try
the command that they recommend (forrest -projecthelp) I get
a message indicating that the path/directory is too long (seems odd to me)
The exact message is:

   C:\Authoring\Forrest\apache-forrest-0.7\bin>forrest -projecthelp
   The input line is too long.
   The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

   Apache Forrest.  Run 'forrest -projecthelp' to list options

   The input line is too long.

Also the impression that I have from the Forrest site is that you
download forest to one path but you seed a different path

Any help on getting this working will be appreciated...

Laura Stewart

View raw message