db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory error when running JUnit suite
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 00:02:46 GMT
On 10/31/06, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
> I just ran the JUnit master suite:
>
> java junit.textui.TestRunner \ org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All
>
> It ran out of memory. Is anyone else seeing this problem? I'm running under jdk 1.4 on
Solaris:

> Time: 469.93
> There was 1 error:
> 1) testLongLobLengths(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.LobLengthTest)java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>
> FAILURES!!!
> Tests run: 1190,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1

Thanks for posting this, Rick. This is identical to a problem I just
saw while working on DERBY-2006, but I didn't get a stack trace or
failed test name from Ant. I suspect it is the same issue, since the
test count is identical and running other subsuites (that didn't
contain LobLengthTest) worked fine. I was running the tests with JDK
1.5 on Mac OS X 10.4.

andrew