db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: release endgame
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:35:51 GMT

> Thanks, Andrew. Right now, we have 4 active releases under
> /www/www.apache.org/dist/db/derby:
>
> 10.1.1.0
> 10.1.2.1
> 10.1.3.1
> 10.2.1.6
>
> I'm guessing you want to archive one or more of the older ones. I will
> need your help here. The archiving instructions at
> http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-step-by-step.html#archive-old seem to
> be a little out of date. I got wedged on step (2) since I can't find
> /www/derby.apache.org or /www/db.apache.org/derby/builds.

At this point, I think 10.1.1.0 and 10.1.2.1 should be archived.

>From the instructions:

"Once a release is placed under www.apache.org/dist/ it will
automatically be copied over to archive.apache.org and held there
permanently: even after it is deleted from www.apache.org. So, all
that is required to archive any mirrored release is to delete it from
www.apache.org. Adding a permanent redirect for the release to the
.htaccess file should be considered."

The directions at the end are for releases that were pre-mirror or
were not mirrored for some reason.

So, the dirs should be removed, redirects put in place and the
downloads page updated to reflect their archival status (or the
10.1.1.0 and 10.1.2.1 pages updated to point to the archives.)

andrew